Designed by Arch Group (Russia)
SLEEPBOX is intended primarily to perform one main function – to enable a person to sleep peacefully. But it can also be equipped with various additional functions, depending on the situation. Application of the device can be very broad, not only in the form of paid public service, but also for internal purposes of organizations and companies.
- Size: 2 m x 1,40m x 2,30m to sleep in comfort and security.
- Cheap sleep in case of emergency for anyone rich or poor.
- No time wasted looking for a hotel.
- Designed to be installed at train stations and airports, and central public places or cities where accommodation is fully booked.
- In tropical climate countries the sleeper box can be installed outdoors in main streets.
- The space includes bed, linen, ventilation system, alarm. LCD TV, WiFi , space for your laptop and re-chargeable phone. Under your bed and floor there is a cupboard for your luggage.
- Payment is made at terminals who will give clients an electronic key that can be purchased for 15 minutes or for as many hours as you need.
It seems that Dubai Airport is installing them. Is that true? Did anyone try it? What do you think of the idea?
So apparently Dubai Airport did install something in 2011 for people to sleep in but it’s not the SleepBox.
It’s actually called the SnoozeCube and it looks like this:
I still prefer the Sleep Box