It’s been two weeks since I got my head shaved. In no time, I got addicted to stroking my extremely short hair back and forth and that got me thinking about why men grow beards. (Since the shave, my hair started to grow back and my mind went on comparing it to men beard)
“In the course of history, men with facial hair have been ascribed various attributes such as wisdom and knowledge, sexual virility, masculinity, or high social status; and, conversely, filthiness, crudeness, or an eccentric disposition. In many cultures, beards are associated with nature and outdoors-men” (Wikipedia on beard)
Will Mari listed his ten reasons for me to grow beards:
- Facial hair is cool.
- It makes you manlier.
- It makes you look like Chuck Norris.
- You like the way it feels.
- You like to stroke it while you think.
- You like to scratch your manly arms and shoulders with it.
- You like the way it smells.
- You can store food in it.
- Girls dig it.
- Your are lazy.
Some guys would add reasons like:
- Hate to shave.
- It makes you to look older.
- It is something that women cannot do.
- It changes the appearance from a boy to a more handsome man.
- Expression of freedom after leaving the military service.
While other stated more sex-related reasons.
But while I was stroking that extremely short hair on my head back and forth, I just realized how SOOTHING it was taking the stress away like magic. (Ah! I just remembered a few people who can’t stop stroking my hair when I’m around! 😛 )
Here is another good reason to shave your heads ladies!