With every new experience comes new adventures!
Currently looking for a new corporate identity for my family business establishment, I used Google and Lebweb as search tools. I picked 8 random links and sent them an e-mail presenting the profile of the establishment to give a clear idea and inquiring about a new logo and standard stationary set quotation. (Business card + Letterhead + Envelop, some would include A5 Note Book and others a folder)
Below are the results (Printing not included):
- Company in Beirut: $2,220
- Company in Beirut with a regional presence: $1,300
- Company in Jounieh: $750
- Company in Rabieh with a regional presence: $400
- Company in Beirut replied by mail asking for a meeting before giving a quotation
- Company in Beirut called back asking for a meeting before giving a quotation
- Company in Beirut: No Reply
- Company in Beirut with International presence: No Reply
Some have restrictions:
- “English logotype”
- “Logo: 1 design concept, each additional design costs additional $250”
Reading all these e-mails felt really weird. Don’t get me wrong; I know that some are more experienced than others. But to have a price range from $400 to $2,200? What a stretch! Unaware customers, beware of the traps! I guess the are no standards for reference either. (Like in most industries… *sigh)
What do you guys think? Is that normal?
Some told me that freelancers’ fee ranged from $600 to $1500!
As far as I am concerned, I consider myself lucky that a graphic designer and two architects friends allocated some of their precious time to help me out.
Finally, as Randy Newman sings it so well: “It’s a jungle out there, Disorder and confusion everywhere, No one seems to care..”