A while ago I received this invitation:
I’ve been wearing glasses as long as I remember and love design, so I thought why not check what Lindberg was about since I was not familiar with the brand yet.
So I went to Visique Naccache where I was received by the shop’s optometrists and Mr. Gunter Wätchler, Lindberg’s Africa, India & Middle East Sales Manager.
Mr. Wätchler took the time to explain everything to me. I was amazed by one big major fact:
- Lindberg’s frames have no screws, rivets nor welds and they are entirely customizable
Lindberg is a Danish family business based in Aarhus, directed by architect Henrik Lindberg. The workshop was founded 28 years ago by his father to whom came the idea of Air Titanium revolutionizing the international market for eyewear. It was a unique product that had not been available before in shape and form. The company has been awarded with 62 of the most prestigious design prizes in the world and was featured in the Financial Times.
Above all, they have never used a single screw in any of their glasses!
So, after trying on several models, I ended up picking a version of this one:
I patiently waited for a month to get my pair in this genius hard case:
I tested them for a couple of weeks:
I tested the customization as well:
There are many things I like about these frames:
- They are really light on the face and the nose.
- The design is very simple, streamline yet modern. Branding is very discreet, engraved on the inside. No in-your-face logo or brand showing anywhere.
- The technical innovation is quite something. Makes one look at the details of the frame and wonder how it was done.
- Frame is flexible and tough at the same time. (A friend accidentally sat on it)
I bet that Prince Henrik of Denmark, Queen Elizabeth II, Miuccia Prada, Giorgio Armani, Robert De Niro, Roberto Cavalli, just to name a few customers, would agree with me 🙂